Here you’ll find a personally reviewed list of country songs about a multitude of life’s inspirations; from strength, to change, to passion, and reflection
To help you sort through which song is best for you, below is a growing list of songs, as they’re reviewed including a brief description of each song. Once you’ve decided whether or not the song sounds like a choice that would suit what you’re looking for, the link that will lead you to more information about the tune along with a video to watch and listen and where to get the song should you need it.
Inspirational Country Songs:
- Movin’ On, by Rascal Flatts – If you’re seeking a song that speaks about moving onto a better place in your life and having the courage to finally make the choice to take action.
- Stand, by Rascal Flatts – You’ve been through so many trying times in life, and you’re feed up of allowing it to define you…so you decide, now is the time…I’m going to ‘Stand’.
- Changed, by Rascal Flatts & Some People Change, by Montgomery Gentry – 2 Songs that speak directly about making huge changes in a life. The songs speak about taking responsibility for our actions and choices, and deciding now is the time to step-up!
- The Impossible, by Joe Nichols – A touching rendition of what in life may seem impossible, until you see it proven otherwise in magnificently powerful life events.
- Stand, by Rascal Flatts – Another review and perspective on this very inspirational song. You’re going through hard times, but you may just be the caterpillar that’s about to turn into a butterfly – so you Stand.
- Wasted, by Carrie Underwood – An anthem about fighting for your life – The battle of addiction is one of the hardest to win, and Wasted celebrates the choice out of this pain.
- Lessons Learned, by Carrie Underwood – A country song about how all the mistakes you’ve made have led you to the person you are today. You are where you are because of the lessons you’ve learned along the way.
Country Songs about Time Going By – Life Passing By
- Dress Rehearsal, by Carolyn Dawn Johnson – ‘Time is a River’, ‘Life doesn’t wait for us to get it right’ – If you need a push from a song to remind you how precious time is and life is, then be sure to listen Carolyn Dawn Johnson’s incredible song, ‘Dress Rehearsal’.
- Stop for Me, by Carolyn Dawn Johnson – You’re feeling a little defeated. Time is passing by and you’re wondering when the ‘train will stop for you’. Will your dreams ever come true. You’ve worked incredibly hard and feel like you’re spinning your wheels. When will it be your turn…This is the song for that moment.
- My Next Thirty Years, by Tim McGraw – You haven’t made the best choices in your earlier years and you’ve vowed to make an effort to change and grow in a way that’s positive and productive. ‘Now it’s time to focus in on where I go from here’, Lord have mercy on my next thirty years’ (lyrics)
- Moments, by Emerson Drive – An incredibly moving song about a homeless man who saves another man contemplating suicide. ‘I’ve had my moments, days in the sun, when I was second to none’ (lyrics)
- 3 Gorgeous Songs Honoring Grandparents & Aging: These three songs have lyrics that speak to many aspects of aging; When You are Old by Martina McBride, Thank You by Johnny Reid, Ellsworth by Rascal Flatts, plus a Playlist of 11 More Songs
- 4 Country Songs about Looking Back on Life – Four songs that speak about various aspects of reflection; A song that gives advice from an elderly person whose lived a long life, a song about a house that made you and going back to find a little of yourself, a song about the fun you used to have in your youth and how time has passed so quickly, and finally a song that speaks to your individuality and how you didn’t travel the typical road in life that others did.
The Inspiration of Anger!
- I Just Wanna Be Mad, by Terri Clark – The perfect song to give you permission to be ‘be mad for a while!’ Facing anger and allowing ourselves to go through the process is what this bit of angry inspiration is all about!
Country Songs about Hope
- Do It Anyway, by Martina McBride – Do you know the story behind this song? It’s based on the famous poem ‘Anyway’ – It delivers a message that delivers deep into the soul. If you’ve never heard this song, do yourself a favor and take a few minutes to listen.
- Hope, by Chad Brownlee – A song that inspires the soul to believe that no matter the adversity, there is hope – (Lyrics)’…and I wanna believe, theres a change on the way and a voice in the wind. and i, i wanna see, when i look to the sky, the phoenix rise, and then there’s hope…’
- Invisible, by Hunter Hayes – A compassionate and very empathetic lyric dedicated to those who feel hopeless and who feel invisible in this world.