If the happy couple have a classic sense of humor, then it’s probably safe to write something funny in their wedding card. Just remember, if they don’t appreciate sarcasm, go easy! Your friends may be pleased to know that according to a study of 700 couples completed by Mathematicians at the University of Washington, couples who had the best chance of a long lasting marriage were those with a sense of humor, who could tease each other and who were affectionate. So if your friends or family share these characteristics, you could be hunting for funny sayings to write in their 50th anniversary wedding card!
Featured Video: If a funny inappropriate song for a wedding is what you need, take a minute to listen to the Dixie Chicks’ song ‘White Trash Wedding‘ – the lyrics are a riot and their talent is fierce!
Funny Sayings to Write in a Wedding Card
Below you’ll find a collection of funny sayings you can write in their ‘just about to be married’ card:
1. There’s really no need to take the plunge when you’ve been doing the doggie paddle for years!
2. Love is the answer to everything; stick with that crap and you’ll be ok
3. The two of you getting married gives hope to all of mankind (not really, but I had to write something loaded with bull)
4. Marriage is happiness times two; anger times two and frustrations times three (the third comes in when her best friend is called)
5. When in doubt, drink [Tweet This]
6. I wanted to get you a life preserver as a wedding gift, just in case [Tweet This]
7. Do not tell anyone you’re getting married – too late we’re all looking forward to the free booze
8. You will have moments when you really love each other, then there will be the rest of the time
9. Hold on to how you feel about each other today, you’ll need it by year seven!
11. You are making a promise to have and to hold for life (you do realize that?)
12. If you’re not going to put on a life jacket before taking the plunge, at least take swimming lessons
13. The two of you are a symbol of what love is …. when the blinders are on!
14. You will fall in and out of love many times while married – just make it with each other o.k!
15. Rule number one once married: don’t talk to people of the opposite sex, naked
16. When you’re looking for a way out of this marriage, just remember to look for your wallet first!
17. On windy rainy days, stay in the house and enjoy each other (strip twister usually works)
18. Nike’s slogan is ‘Just Do It’ – they weren’t talking about getting married, you idiots!
19. Treat your marriage like a hockey game; no roughing! [Tweet This]
20. When he’s been a bad boy, make love to him just to confuse the crap out of him
21. Just because you can control him, doesn’t mean you should (do not take the advice in this card)
22. Keep Calm and Get Dressed Fast – Let’s hope you never need to use this advice!
23. Keep Calm and Don’t Do It!
24. Duck and Cover isn’t something you do on a Honeymoon
25. Your wedding day is a celebration of love; some say shock; I say love
26. If you’re feeling faint and vomiting on your wedding day, remember ‘hair of the dog’
27. It takes two to tango, be sure you’re not the only one dancing! [Tweet This]
28. Don’t take any crap, ever (unless there’s a lot of money involved, then take a little)
29. If you think you’re in love, you probably are – damn
30. Your heart is like a soft shell taco, wrapped up tight and easy to chew up
31. Stop being so easy, it makes me look bad!
32. The last time I checked, you weren’t kissing anyone’s ass – what happened? [Tweet This]
33. Hen pecked is only a hen who pecks (yah, hold on to that thought)
34. Congratulations on having your balls tagged [Tweet This]
35. Marriage doesn’t mean you own the other person (just all their stuff)
Sayings Written by Barbara Tremblay Cipak
Does the couple about to be married need help with finding a wedding song for a first dance?
|Country Song||Artist||Get Song||YouTube||Review|
|Keeper of the Stars||Tracy Byrd||Official Video||Read|
|When I Said I Do||Clint Black & Lisa Heartman||Official Video||Read|
|She's Everything||Brad Paisley||Official Video||Read|
|It's Your Love||Faith Hill & Tim McGraw||Official Video||Read|
|Then*||Brad Paisley||Lyric Video||Read|
|You Are the Love of My Life||Sammy Kershaw||Lyric Video||Read|
|You Had Me From Hello *||Kenny Chesney||Lyric Video||Read|
|Who I Am With You||Chris Young||Official Video||Read|
|She's Good For Me||Jason McCoy||Video||Read|
|God Gave Me You||Blake Shelton||Official Video||Read|
|Thank You||Keith Urban||Lyric Video||Read|
|What a Difference You've Made in My Life||Ronnie Milsap||Live Performance||Read|
|Once in a Lifetime*||Keith Urban||Official Video||Read|
|I Don't Dance||Lee Brice||Official Video||Read|
|Rescue You||High Valley||Official Video||Read|
|Belongs to You*||Emerson Drive||Official Video||Wiki|
|One Breath||Adam Gregory||Official Video||Read|
|She Said Yes||Rhett Akins||Official Video||Wiki|
|Marry Me*||Martina McBride & Train||Lyric Video||Wiki|
|Loves Me Like Jesus Does||Eric Church||Acoustic Video||Read|
|When You Say Nothing At All||Alison Krauss||Official Video||Wiki|
|Perfect Storm*||Brad Paisley||Official Video||Read|
|Me and You||Kenny Chesney||Official Video||Wiki|
|Must be Doin' Somethin' Right||Billy Currington||Official Video||Wiki|
|Wanted||Hunter Hayes||Official Video||Wiki|
|Cowboys and Angels||Dustin Lynch||Official Video||Wiki|
|I Do||Paul Brandt||Lyric Video||Wiki|
|No Doubt About It||Neal McCoy||Video||Wiki|
|When Love Finds You||Vince Gill||Official Video||Wiki|
|I Love the Way You Love Me||John Michael Montgomery||Lyric Video||Wiki|
|Because You Love Me*||Jo Dee Messina||Official Video||Wiki|
|The Story*||Brandi Carlile||Official Video||Read|
|Party For Two||Shania Twain||Official Video||Wiki|
|My First Love Song||Luke Bryan||Lyric Video||Wiki|
|Make Me Wanna||Thomas Rhett||Official Video||Wiki|
|Got it Right This Time||Keith Urban||Live Video||Lyrics Wikia|
|Better Life||Keith Urban||Official Video||Lyrics|
|Keith Urban||Official Video||Lyrics|
|Dance With Me*||Johnny Reid||Official Video||Wiki|
|Moon to Remember*||Johnny Reid||Video||LyricWikia|
|We Got Us||Canaan Smith||Official Video||Lyric Wikia|
|White Trash Wedding||Dixie Chicks||Live Performance||Wiki
Top of the World
|Love is Your Name||Steven Tyler||Video||Wiki|
|Like a Wrecking Ball||Eric Church||Video||Eric Church Website|